CDTRP 2023 Patient, Family and Donor Research Forum – Program now available!
The Canadian Donation and Transplantation Research Program (CDTRP) in cooperation with the Health Canada-initiated Organ Donation and Transplantation Collaborative and the Canadian Society for Transplantation, is pleased to announce the program for the 4th edition of the Patient, Family & Donor Research Forum on June 8-9, 2023.
This virtual forum will be aimed at enhancing patient engagement during project development and research execution, as well as promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in patient engagement and research training. We will also be exploring the emerging best practices for integrating Patient, Family and Donor (PFD) partners in knowledge mobilization, with the goal of building skills and resources that benefit both patients and researchers.
Learning outcomes are:
- Building skills and resources to enhance the donation and transplantation research community’s capacity for patient engagement during project development and research execution;
- Developing and sharing practical approaches to enhance equity, diversity and inclusion in patient engagement and research training within the Canadian donation and transplantation network;
- Understanding emerging best practices for integrating PFDs in knowledge mobilization and sharing the knowledge developed with the broader research community.
Structure of the program
The two-day virtual Forum is divided into 4 blocks that focus on integrating patients, families, and donors into various stages of research, knowledge mobilization, and research priority setting through presentations, panel discussions and workshops. The blocks are as follows:
- Integrating patients, families, and donors during research question and funding development
- Integrating patient, family, and donor engagement in research execution
- Patients, families, and donors in knowledge mobilization
- Patient, Family and Donor Research Priority Setting
The rich program has been developped by a diverse group of individuals, including patient partners, caregivers, investigators, trainees, and Organ Donation Organization representatives.
The 2023 Co-Chairs:
The 2023 Planning Committee: