GlycoNet was happy to present the season 2 of their Webinar Series.
Past webinars – Season 2
- August 5, 2020 – A workshop for scientific writers – Kate Pratt and Jonathon Simmons
- August 12, 2020 – Chemical tools for studying glucosidase activity in complex biological samples, Dr. Chris Phenix – An engineered in vitro enzymatic pathway for the anticancer anthracycline deoxysugars: TDP-L-acosamine and TDP-L-daunosamine, F. Ifthiha Mohideen
- August 19, 2020 – Workshop: Computations approaches for designing small molecule inhibitors – Dr. Rebecca Davis
- August 26, 2020 – De novo synthesis of nucleoside analogues for medicinal chemistry purposes, Dr. Robert Britton –Bioprospecting CAZymes from intestinal microbiomes for the tailored degradation of non-starch dietary polysaccharides, Dr, Kristin Low
See the full list of webinars here.
“Supported by the Government of Canada through the federal Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE) Program, GlycoNet is a pan-Canadian initiative bringing together researchers, industry and academic partners to develop solutions to unmet health needs through the study of glycomics.
GlycoNet builds on our world-leading network of glycomics researchers and trainees, government laboratories and industry partners. The Network addresses key challenges in human and animal health. GlycoNet’s research, in collaboration with our partners, leads to novel approaches for preventing and treating disease.”
- To deliver solutions to important health issues and improve quality of life of Canadians through glycomics.
- Ensure that the Network and Canada are internationally recognized as the leader in glycomics research.
- Deliver exceptional training in glycomics research and entrepreneurship
- Bridge the translation gap between research and industry
- Translate research advances into tangible benefits for Canada