TTS New Opportunity in Transplantation: The Editorial Fellowship
The editorial fellowship of The Transplantation Society (TTS) is designed for an early career professional in transplantation interested in being on the frontlines of Transplantation, the most cited journal in transplantation, and Transplantation Direct, their new open access journal. The fellowship is 2 years long, and the basic training experience will include both scientific and social activities with the journal, the editors, and the societies. Up to four Editorial Fellows will be selected from different countries and representing different disciplines within transplantation. The role provides Fellows with the opportunity to see the inner workings of an academic journal, including recruiting and selecting peer reviewers and participating in manuscript decisions. The Fellow will be expected to take increasing responsibility over the course of the fellowship designed ultimately to assume Associate Editor functions. The Fellow will be exposed to topics of high originality, quality, and clinical relevance, thus affording the opportunity to stay abreast of new literature in diverse topics in the field while improving their scientific reading and writing skills.
The Application Deadline is March 1st, 2021.
- Early career professional with a demonstrated commitment to a career in Transplantation – recent graduates of surgical and medical residencies, post-doctoral studies or fellowships
- Excellent writing ability
- Strong communication skills – able to work with all levels of journal operations
- Commitment to social media and enthusiasm for using it in the context of a medical journal will be an asset
- Flexibility in light of changing priorities
- Ability to respect deadlines The ability to carve out time in busy clinical and academic schedules is a skill that you will need to have or develop.