CDTRP is launching the Research Innovation Grant Competition 2022
Since 2013, the Canadian Donation and Transplantation Research Program (CDTRP) has supported research and innovation that addresses barriers within the fields of donation and transplantation, with the ultimate goal of advancing long-term health outcomes and quality of life for Canadian transplant patients.
Through strategic partnerships with several key partners across Canada, the CDTRP has sustained a commitment to research and development within the transplant scientific community through the continued launch of the CDTRP Research Innovation Grant Competitions. This collaborative effort between the CDTRP and our partners is intended to seed new and innovative pilot projects in the transplant and donation field.
For the 2022 competition, the CDTRP will offer two grants at $30,000 CAD each. In addition, the CDTRP is proud to partner with the following organizations to provide further funding to support up to eleven grants overall:
- Transplant Research Foundation of British Columbia (TRFBC):
- The Venture Grants 
- Kidney Foundation of Canada (KFOC) 
- Alberta Transplant Institute / Paladin Labs Inc. (ATI/Paladin) 
- Ontario Health (Trillium Gift of Life Network) 
- University Health Network Multi-Organ Transplant Program (UHN-MOT) 
The CDTRP’s New Initiatives Committee (NIC) developed the guidelines for the competition, will receive and process the applications, and will evaluate and rank the applications through a competitive peer reviewed process.
- Competition Launch: January 11, 2022
- Application Deadline: April 11, 2022
- Notification Date: Mid-June 2022
- Funding Start Date: July 2022 (upon confirmation of REB approval)
- Study update submitted to NIC: Within 18 months of Funding Start Date