CIHR Funding Opportunity: Indigenous Peoples and COVID-19 Knowledge Synthesis, Evaluation and Assessment Grants Rapid Research
This funding opportunity will support projects relevant to one or more of :
- Indigenous Peoples’ Understanding and Experience with Respect to COVID-19, including cultural responses grounded in Indigenous Knowledges and self-determination; intersections with, and impact on, on-going health, social, economic and climate crises; and/or perspectives of (or participation in) vaccine research, sero-surveillance studies, and clinical trials.
- Delivering COVID-19 Testing, Contact Tracing, Self-Isolation and Other Management Practices, and Policies Related to Indigenous Peoples and the COVID-19 Pandemic, including culturally safe approaches and challenges.
- Culturally Safe COVID-19 Prevention, Preparedness, Response and Recovery for Indigenous Peoples, including design and delivery of programs and services that are grounded in Indigenous Knowledges, self-determination, and local community context.
CIHR will be hosting a webinar on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 from 1:00-2:00 PM ET. The link to join is available on the CIHR website here.
- Registration Deadline: November 10, 2020
- Application Deadline: December 8, 2020
- Anticipated Notice of Decision: March 31, 2021
- Funding Start Date: March 1, 2021