Living Donation Week 2021 – Pitch Competition: September 17
This year is all about sharing your story, no matter how you’re connected to the living donation and transplantation community. Living Donation Week 2021 (#LDW2021) is featuring a Celebration Event, a Pitch Competition with 3 grants of $25,000 each, educational webinars for health professionals and those exploring living donor, and a national public awareness campaign profiling stories of living donation from across the country. Whether you’re a living donor, recipient, caregiver, healthcare practitioner, or transplant advocate – there’s a little something for everyone!
The Ajmera Transplant Centre and the Canadian Society of Transplantation (CST) have partnered on a Canada-wide call for submissions for a Dragons’ Den-style Pitch Competition to improve living donation care, research and education. The top 3 entries will receive $25K each.
In this year’s competition, six projects are pitched including seven CDTRP members:
- Susan Abbey (UHN) and Jed Gross (UHN) – see video
- Mamatha Bhat (UHN) and Blayne Sayed (SickKids) – see video
- Greg Knoll (The Ottawa Hospital) – see video
- Nazia Selzner (UHN) – see video
- Nazia Selzner, (UHN) and Jennifer Flemming (Queen’s University) – see video